HeritageQuest Online® resources is a comprehensive treasure —rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, convenient research guides, interactive census maps, and more. Powered by Ancestry.
Discover the amazing history of you with HeritageQuest Online. With more than 4.4 billion records, it delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past.
Powered by Ancestry®, this amazing collection consists of the following core data sets:
- Census collection contains over 700 million records from the U.S. Federal Census 1790-1940, and national censuses including Argentina, Netherlands, Czech Republic and several other countries.
- Books collection contains over 22,000 family and local histories, compiled genealogies, documentary collections, church records, military records, vital records, city and county histories, and more.
- City Directories with over 1.5 million records from various US city and county directories during 1821-1989.
- Military Records containing over 2 million records from selected state and country military records including the US Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files 1800-1900, US Records of Confederate Prisoners of War 1861-1865, and US Remarried Widows Index to Pension Applications 1887-1942.
- Wills and Probate Records has more than 170 million pages from the largest collection of wills and probate records in the United States, with searchable records included from all 50 states spread over 337 years (1668-2005).
- Freedman’s Bank contains an index and original images of the Freedman's Savings and Trust Company's registers of Signatures of Depositors 1865-1871.
- US Serial Set (subset) contains more than 140,000 private relief actions, memorials, and petitions drawn from the records published "serial" fashion from the US Senate and House of Representatives 1769-1969.
- Maps & Photos includes US Indexed County Land Ownership Maps 1860-1910, US Enumeration District Maps and Descriptions 1940, US Indexed Early Land Ownership and Township Plats 1785-1898, and Library of Congress Photo Collection 1840-2000.
Trying to access HeritageQuest from home remotely? Here's how!
Step 1: Sign in to your account.
Step 2: Enter your library card number and password. If you have never reset your password, the default is your last name in all lowercase letters.
Step 3: Click on Remote Access in the top bar.
Step 4: Click on the link for "HeritageQuest." You're in! Enjoy your search!
This resource requires a library card to use it.Open Resource